ignite is a flexible package of advice and practical help, designed to allow start-up and early stage companies to tap into the resources of UWSP and it’s wealth of know-how.
ignite has one aim – to help the owners/managers of innovation-led businesses to grow faster and make more money – now and in the long term.
To access support from ignite you’ll need to be:
- A start-up business
- A knowledge based or innovation-led business with high growth potential
- The intention or potential to access the knowledge base
Over an extended period of time, an experienced business mentor will work alongside you to plan the development of your business and to proactively identify and access resources to support you in driving your business forward. Just to give you a flavour, in practical terms this could mean:
- Developing an action plan to achieve your business objectives
- Accessing funding
- Refining your marketing strategy or implementing your sales plan
- Provide an operational base to give you credibility in the eyes of customers and suppliers
- Accessing skills and resources from the University of Warwick and other HEIs to help you further your research and development
Obviously there are many other areas of business where we could support you, but it’s firstly a matter of understanding the nature of your business, the crucial issues to be tackled and a plan of action to start the ball rolling and then to maintain the tempo.
UWSP has three dedicated incubators offering office space at its sites alongside the University of Warwick, Binley and Warwick. These are available to businesses just starting out and have attractive fee structures that allow businesses time to grow before commercial fees are levied.
Located in The Venture Centre, the Binley Business Innovation Centre and the Warwick Innovation Centre, the three Ignite incubators each offer offices for between one and three people. Each site has up to six incubator offices that are available to start-up businesses on a simple 12-month license with all costs and rates (excluding telecoms and data and small incidental fees) built into an escalating structure that give firms the flexibility and time to properly launch.