Thank you for considering a career on the University of Warwick Science Park.
The University of Warwick Science Park currently has vacant positions.
Part-time Innovation Centre Manager
Blythe Valley Innovation Centre
Salary FA7 £39,324 – £46,925 pro-rata
The University of Warwick Science Park is the West Midlands leader for the combined provision of quality office space and business support programmes for technology based and innovation led business across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull. For over 30 years it has been one of the premier science parks in Europe. As a result of its success the Science Park has established a series of satellite Innovation Centres and now needs a part-time Centre Manager for its operation at Blythe Valley, Solihull.
The successful candidate will be responsible for marketing and managing the Centre on a day-to-day basis and integrating tenant’s businesses into the appropriate areas of the University and the business support infrastructure of the Science Park. In addition they will be required to liaise with the management team of The University of Warwick Science Park’s Centres in Coventry.
The successful candidate will be expected to have proven experience in the following areas:-
- Communication and presentation skills, initiative and the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Business Development in a relevant activity, preferably with a background in property management and/or an innovation support environment.
- A general awareness of issues and problems facing managers of small business is crucial.
- Experience of forecasting, maintaining budgets and reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with company H & S procedures specifically including risk assessments for activities by staff or contractors and Fire Alarm records.
- Managing a small team of Centre staff on a day to day basis, both full-time & part-time staff covering Reception and Administration duties or similar.
- Excellent negotiation skills – Agreeing terms with both suppliers and customers
- Computer literate with strong MS Office skills.
- Preferable to have a basic knowledge of managing telephone systems and structured cabling.
- Prepared and able to be flexible to cover holiday periods, emergencies etc. across all our Centres.
- Flexible “can-do” attitude. Ability to resolve day to day practical issues involved in running of a large busy building.
Please send your application to: Sian Lea at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date. 11th June 2017
Interview date: 23rd June 2017
PART TIME RECEPTIONIST
Two days per week
Innovation Centre, Warwick Technology Park
UNIVERSITY OF WARWICK SCIENCE PARK
Salary FA2 £16,619 – £17,898 per annum (Pro-rata)
We are looking for an experienced receptionist to assist our Administrator/Receptionist in the day-to-day running of a busy reception.
The Centre accommodates small and medium sized technology companies to whom we provide office space, together with business services such as faxes, photocopying, franking mail, conference room hire, telephone answering service and greeting their customers.
Familiarity of Microsoft Office packages is essential and ongoing training will be provided together with training on the computerised switchboard.
Independent means of travel between sites is essential.
The applicant should be of smart appearance, have a pleasant manner and confident in dealing with members of the public.
Normal working week 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.00pm Friday.
If you wish to apply send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the Role requirements to Sian at – The Venture Centre, Sir William Lyons Road, Coventry, CV4 7EZ or email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday, 2nd June 2017
Interviews: Wednesday, 7th June 2017
If you are a tenant of UWSP and you would like to place a job advertisement on this site, you can do so for free by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.