Thank you for considering a career on the University of Warwick Science Park.
The University of Warwick Science Park currently is currently recruiting.
- Property Surveyor
University of Warwick Science Park Ltd
Salary in the range FA6 – £29,301 – £38,183
We are the premier University Science Park in the Midlands with over 200k sq. ft. lettable space at our main site adjacent to the University of Warwick and a further 55k sq. ft. at satellite innovation Centres. The Science Park is a fully owned subsidiary of the University of Warwick.
We require a property surveyor, working under the direction of the Building and Facilities Manager, to work on construction and maintenance projects, working within cost, quality and time parameters. You will be responsible for the feasibility assessment, design, supervision and contract management of refurbishment and planned maintenance projects across the Science Park and University as directed.
Additionally, you will also be required to manage the process for new commercial tenant leases and lease renewals across the Science Park and University Estate. This will include liaison with stakeholders across the University at all levels.
We are seeking someone who:-
• Has a construction related first Degree/Higher Technician qualification
• Possesses a working competency in the use of construction projects and their administration, construction technology, building design and specification
• Is fully up to date with legislative requirements in construction Health and Safety
• Has experience of managing construction projects and undertaking the management of planned and responsive maintenance
• Membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. RICS, MCIOB, APM) would be an advantage
• Has experience of working on commercial leases and a working knowledge of dilapidations, surveys and schedules
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop good internal and external relations, motivating and encouraging performance in others and with the ability to negotiate at high level to achieve mutually beneficial agreements
• Is highly organised with the ability to work under their own initiative and able to prioritise work under pressure
The company, as a subsidiary of the University of Warwick, offers a comprehensive benefits package including 30 days annual leave and pension scheme.
For further information please refer to the attached person specification and role description. Send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the Role requirements to Sian Edwards at – The Venture Centre, Sir William Lyons Road, Coventry, CV4 7EZ or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a tenant of UWSP and you would like to place a job advertisement on this site, you can do so for free by e-mailing email@example.com.