The British Business Bank has announced the first wave of its £250m Midlands Engine Investment Fund, with the launch of £120million worth of SME debt finance, in a move designed to provide greater support to the region’s smaller businesses, accelerate economic growth and promote job creation – in line with the Government’s Midlands Engine Strategy.
The fund’s launch has been marked with the publication of a new report on the current state of the regional economy and funding landscape.
Spotlight: The Midlands Engine Investment Fund, draws on the British Business Bank’s own research together with other publicly-available data. It highlights the opportunities for ambitious, fast-growth businesses across the Midlands Engine area to reach their economic potential.
For more information on how to access finance from the MEIF and on the nature of funds available, visit the MEIF Website.
Meanwhile, the Coventry and Warwickshire Innovation Programme is helping companies who employ fewer than 250 people and are developing innovative products or services.
The programme is keen to support innovation involving emerging technology in all areas including fields such as data capture, energy usage, IT connectivity, smart systems, digital technology, health technology, assistive technologies, advanced materials, electronics and intelligent mobility. It’s a fast changing market so if your field isn’t covered in this list; they still want to hear from you.
A range of support is on offer including:
- Innovation grants to develop new products or services involving emerging technology
- Usability support for developing and testing innovative assisted living, community healthcare and e-health products
- Access to a range of specialists who are experienced in developing innovative products
- Referrals to other specialist innovation support programmes
- Access to the local innovation supply chain
- Networking opportunities with other innovative businesses
Visit the Coventry and Warwickshire Innovation Programme website to find out more
The Coventry and Warwickshire Innovation Programme is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund and is delivered by Coventry City Council, Warwickshire County Council and Coventry University Enterprises Ltd.