Warwick Summer Internships (WSI) 2020 is coming!
The Warwick Summer Internships (WSI) programme brings UK-based small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), charities and Warwick undergraduates together within the benefits of a high-quality summer internship programme. Grants of £2100 or £2500 (higher rate inside Greater London) are available to support employer costs.
Following the success and feedback provided by last year’s employers who engaged with the WSI programme and hosted students, improvements have been made to the programme and process for WSI 2020 including:
- Keeping employers aware of the level of student interest and the number of internship vacancies submitted, to give a clearer picture of competition for funding,
- limited ring-fenced funding for successful arts, culture, heritage, digital and creative roles.
- For employers: to resource a project or idea with an enthusiastic and capable student, with access to grants. Learn from fresh ideas and a new perspective, with a view towards securing talent in the medium and longer term. A project might include stand-alone research, designing a marketing campaign, developing a new service/product, analysing/streamlining processes, a written market report…
WSI 2019 – 90% of hosts cited that the WSI internship delivered a positive impact on their organisation.
WSI 2019 – “It’s a great opportunity and we would highly recommend this scheme to other employers. Having very clear projects and tasks for the intern to work on is essential so knowing what the 6 weeks will look like work wise before they start is beneficial to both parties”.
- For students:to gain valuable work experience and a learning opportunity to develop their knowledge of the work place and develop their transferable skills to help them make their career choices.
Key elements of programme support:
- Help with defining an internship opportunity, detailed feedback/editing for vacancies, targeted marketing to 2000+ undergraduate programme participants
- Good practice-informed resources and support around recruiting and hosting a student
- Preparatory and on-internship resources and expert support for you and your intern.
At this stage, we would ask you to look at the WSI host timeline to ensure you can meet the dates, see the FAQs regarding your commitment, the type of suitable work and the eligibility criteria via the WSI website page
If you would also like to register your interest for the Warwick Summer Internship (WSI) 2020 programme, you can do so via our WSI registration of interest form, found here: https://myadvantage.warwick.ac.uk/employers/Form.aspx?id=1608036. Please note, if you haven’t already done so, you will be prompted to register for a free account on myAdvantage, the University’s online jobs portal, in order complete the WSI form and engage further with the programme. Once logged in you will need to click on the link in this paragraph for a second time to navigate to the form.
By creating a myAdvantage account, in addition to gaining access to the WSI programme, you will also begin raising your company profile with Warwick students, receive relevant communication from us and can start uploading vacancies for free.
Vacancies for this programme need to be uploaded to myAdvantage by 9.00 am on Monday, 17 February 2020. Instructions on uploading your vacancy and a template will be on the WSI website after Christmas.
Date for your diary – we are holding a breakfast event at the University of Warwick on Thursday, 16 January, starting at 8.30, to share the programme, answer any questions, as well as hear about further support and services available to you. If you would like to attend this event, please register here
Take a look at our website for more information and to hear from previous employers.